Microdermabrasion is a way to freshen and rejuvenate the skin. It is used to treat light scarring, discoloration and sun damage and can lessen the appearance of stretch marks and acne scarring, among other conditions. The technique also helps to thicken collagen, which results in a younger-looking complexion. Microdermabrasion is a procedure that exfoliates and removes the superficial layer of dry, dead skin cells.
Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes the skin appear taut and smooth. Our existing collagen slowly breaks down over time and oxidant forces like ultraviolet light, cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption increase free radical damage which in turn causes collagen deterioration. Collagen production also declines as we age, resulting in looser uneven skin. This procedure takes approximately 30-45 minutes.
Microdermabrasion is a procedure that exfoliates and removes the superficial layer of dry, dead skin cells.
- Improve age spots and blackheads
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin)
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne
Call Dr. Ronald B. Bush at (760) 200-2992 to schedule your free consultation to discuss the microdermabrasion procedure.